Sunday 1 June 2014

Cause life is winning and letting others win

What a strange title you may think? Nowhere is the concept of 'losing' mentioned even if you probably can guess that this post will be the first negative one I will put on the blog. I thought a bit about actually putting it here, but in all honesty it sort of seems right. I won´t create the image of myself always being happy and seeing the best in every situation. I grave to do this, I always try to be awesome by not getting things hit me in the well protected castle I call my heart. Still, I am human and that image would be false. I cry sometimes, I fear sometimes and sometimes I loose the ability to see the best. No heart is safe from this. Never thing for one moment you actually could be safe in your heart, because it always will be a lie. There are just days that hit you like a truck from the beginning and other days where everything goes right and then something tinny goes wrong for you and you feel depressed. Normally the brain hasn´t got a say in this. The later one is what today and part of yesterday is about. I want to stress, I don´t want your sympathy, I don´t want anything from this, I can cope with myself just fine. I just want to write it down here, free for all, and want you to think about it.

Well today started great, my family left (ok that maybe is a bit sad^^) and I went to catch up on a bit of sleep. Later the evening there was a festival at our university where I wanted to be with some friends. Well I was there and it totally backfired. I don´t know where on the way towards that evening I wanted to just play the game of getting somebody laid. It was just an idea that kicked off, just a bit of fun for some friends. Well maybe a bit more that just fun, maybe I wanted them to be happy. Afterwards you can always name motives for your actions, so let´s just stick with the facts. As you should always lead by example I talked to some girls and actually my first conversation went alright. I got to know her name, she clearly wasn´t uninterested for a flirt. Sadly I lost the momentum and her friend and her went away and later that evening I couldn´t find them to correct my mistake. Well I waited to long and that's fine. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. That's alright and I wasn´t to bothered about it. Sadly my later moves didn´t went so well either and so I focused on getting others a partner for the night. You know, giving them the extra mile they need to actually themselves make their move instead of sitting on the bench waiting to be swapped. (I apologise if this metaphor is not so fitting, not a huge football fan). It worked and first I was really happy for the person, then another one followed and in the end even the last of my group got somebody to go home with. Only me left and that puts me down a bit, who wouldn´t be at least a bit sad? Still don´t let it get to close to your heart if your the only one not picked that evening. Sometimes you win, sometimes the others win. Try to be happy for them, next time maybe they will be the one left unpicked. I know it isn´t always easy but give it some effort, cause giving up the next time will not be an option. Believe me and after all at least I can sleep with a lot of space in my bed without an obstacle called human and don´t have to offer someone breakfast. I agree it could be better but it could be a lot worse :)

The awesome SkyLuke

No comments:

Post a Comment